Strategic Materials Operating System (SMOS)
The Strategic Materials Operating System (SMOS) is built on a broad application of lean fundamentals and Six Sigma tools. It drives our business and gives Strategic Materials a true competitive advantage over our competition. The SMOS is fundamental to our success. The SMOS is comprised of 12 elements that measure our production system, management system and organization design. By standardizing, measuring and driving results, this system focuses on both application and human interaction.
Structure and Accountability
- Build the foundation of SMOS with a focus on standard work (operator and processes), preventative maintenance and 5S
- Capture Yield Improvement best practices and transfer them to other plants
Deploy and Monitor
- Deploy virtual metrics and tracking to improve information availability and accuracy
- Train and certify more LE Blackbelts in the company
- Help the organization gain Six Sigma expertise
Sustained Lean Culture/Pursuing Excellence
- Develop a formal mentoring and coaching process with Lean Six Sigma Green belts
- Integrate customers and suppliers into our operating system
Want to put recycled glass to work in your industry? Contact us to get started.